Gordon Quiet Talks on John’s Gospel is another in his Quiet Talks series about explaining John’s Gospel and its presentation.
Everything depends on getting Jesus placed. That lies at the root of all—living, serving, preaching, teaching. John had Jesus placed. He had Him up in His own place. This settles everything else. Then one gets himself placed, too, up on a level where the air is clear and bracing, the sun warm, and the outlook both steadying and stimulating. Get the centre fixed and things quickly adjust themselves about it to your eyes.
It will be seen very quickly that this little book makes no pretension to being a commentary on, or an exposition of, John’s Gospel. That is left to the scholarly folk who eat their meals in the sacred classical languages of the past. It is simply a homely attempt to let out a little of what has been sifting in these years past of this wondrous miniature Bible from John’s pen.-S.D. Gordon
More Works from this Category
- Remmers Arend Prophet Zephaniah
- Remmers Arend Prophet Zechariah
- Pink Gleanings From Elisha His Life and Miracles
- Pink Arthur Life of Elijah
- Pink Arthur Life of David
- Pink Arthur Heroes of the Faith
- Moody, D.L.- Men of the Bible
- Moody Bible Characters
- Milligan Men of the Bible Some Lesser-Known Characters
- Meyer, F.B. – Elijah and the secret of his power