Ryle Expository Thoughts on the Gospels The complete set of J.C. Ryle’s classic expositions on the four gospels in one eBook
Observing this need in his own parish, J.C. Ryle prepared his Expository Thoughts on the Gospels which have enriched the earth for more than a century with undiminished popularity and usefulness.
Ryle’s ‘plain and pointed’ words are a great stimulus to the reading of the Bible itself. While his chief aim is to help the reader to know Christ he also has another object in view. He writes so that his commentaries on the Gospels can be read aloud to a group. Unlike many authors he is equally good, read or heard. There are many other fuller commentaries on the Gospels, but no others make such compelling listening–whether it be in the family, in neighborhood groups, or over the air–as those of J.C. Ryle.-Description from Monergism.com
Works from this Category
- Watson Robert Expositor’s Bible: Judges and Ruth
- Watson Expositor’s Bible: Book of Numbers
- Watson Expositor’s Bible Job: The Book of Job
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Stokes Expositor’s Bible: The Acts of the Apostles, Vol. 2
- Stokes Expositor’s Bible: The Acts of the Apostles, Vol. 1
- Spurgeon Commentary on Matthew
- Smith Four Psalms XXIII; XXXVI; LII; CXXI.
- Smith Expositor’s Bible Isaiah1: Book of Isaiah, Vol. 1
- Smith Expositor’s Bible Prophets2: Book of the Twelve Prophets, Vol. 1
|Date:||August 20, 2020|