This work, Doctrine of Absolute Predestination is about one of the basic tenets of Calvinism. election.
Translated from the Latin of JEROME ZANCHIUS by AUGUSTUS MONTAGUE TOPLADY, A.B. (1516-1590)
Predestination is one of the most mysterious and controversial doctrines of the Christian church, but in this classic account, Jerome Zanchius presents a concise explanation of the terms and ramifications of this doctrine. Zanchius, a sixteenth-century Reformed clergyman and scholar, was influenced by the great Reformers of his day, such as Martin Bucer, Phillip Melanchthon,Martin Luther, and John Calvin. He gives succinct detail on the love and will of God, election and reprobation, foreknowledge, and predestination.
The Doctrine of Absolute Predestination is not only an essential introduction to the doctrine of predestination; it provides invaluable insight by one of the most beloved Reformers. It gives insight into one of the key turning points in Christian theology. Perfect for students, professors, and anyone interested in the history and theology of the Reformers.
Jerome Zanchius was born in 1510 in Italy. He was a Biblical scholar, educator, and part of the Protestant Reformation. A prolific writer, some of his works include Confession of the Christian Religion and Observation of the Divine Attributes. Because of his theological convictions and teachings, he was often forced into exile. Zanchius died in 1590.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Terms Explained
Chapter 2: Doctrine relative to all men
Chapter 3: Doctrine relative to the Elect
Chapter 4: Doctrine relative to the Reprobate
Chapter 5: Whether Predestination ought to be Preached and Why
More Free Kindle Books
Books by John Piper
- Alive to Wonder: Celebrating the Influence of C.S. Lewis
- Andrew Fuller: I Will Go Down If You Hold the Rope
- David Brainerd: May I Never Loiter on My Spiritual Journey
- Captive to Glory: Celebrating the Influence and Vision of Jonathan Edwards
- John G. Paton: You Will Be Eaten By Cannibals
- Martin Luther: Lessons from His Life and Labor
- Portrait of Calvin by T.H.L. Packer (foreward by John Piper)
- Charles Spurgeon: Preaching Through Adversity by John Piper
Zanchius, Jerome-The Doctrine Of Absolute Predestination.mobi
Zanchius, Jerome-The Doctrine Of Absolute Predestination.epub