ch39 What should we preach? is a study tract examining the Bible's comments on good and bad preaching. Topics: What is biblical preaching? Wholesome Doctrine; Good Doctrine produces Piety; Bad doctrine and preaching; Strong Reproof; Preaching to Entertain; and Beneficial Preaching.
- Bavinck Selected Works of Herman Bavinck Tue 9/26/23
- Plummer Expositor Pastoral Epistles Commentaries Sat 9/30/23
- Arthur Cast Adrift Tue 10/3/23
- Spurgeon Charles Sermons from Judges Tue 10/10/23
- Spurgeon Charles Sermons from Ruth Tue 10/17/23
- Alexander Expositor Epistles of John Commentaries Sat 10/21/23
- Spurgeon Charles Sermons from 1 Samuel Tue 10/24/23
More Good Posts
pc05 Resisting Porn is a tract explaining why and how we resist seeing bad images, and the problems related to this. Topics: Seeing a Woman to covet her | We must be happy | This is why God sets the rules regarding sex very clear. | We must not covet your Neighbor's Wife | The Problem with Divorced People.
From the Tract: Job 31:1 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
The problems of pornography fall into three main ones: (1) It is to sin against the Lord - One is coveting what is not his, and for God, coveting a woman is just as having sex outside of marriage (adultery or fornication). (2) It is to sin against your partner - One is disloyal, not faithful, to your partner. If one is not married, he is acting in impurity, youth passions ("Flee from youth passions" 2 Timothy 2:22) which is a sin. (3) It is to sin against oneself, against oneself.
View the Tract: pc05 Resisting Porn